Awards & Press
Following are recent press releases and news coverage regarding marketing issues, or info about this site.
- Chanimal introduces industry’s first Certified Channel Manager program.
- Chanimal earns a slot as a Top Five Finalist for Most Innovative Service with CompTIA for it’s “Micro Consulting” business model.
- Chanimal president, Ted Finch, presents “How to create killer alliances that help you dominate your market and make a ton of money,” at SoftwareCEO webinar.
- Chanimal expands focus to cover hardware high-tech marketing instead of just software.
- Chanimal president, Ted Finch, speaks at the Software Development Manager’s Association on Oracle’s campus.
- “How to Finance a High-Tech Start-Up,” in November issue of Entrepreneur Magazine!
- Chanimal offers affordable Virtual Chief Marketing Officer Services to Help Start-Ups
- New Video Helps High-Tech Entrepreneurs Get Money, “How to Finance a High-Tech Start-Up”
- Chanimal – Free Online Resource for software marketing.
- Chanimal.com, Industry Resource for High-Tech Marketing, Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary. Offers Free High Tech Marketing Tools.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Chanimal.com, Industry Resource for High-Tech Marketing, Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary, Offers Free High Tech Marketing Tools AUSTIN, …
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE New Video Helps High-Tech Entrepreneurs Get Money “How to Finance a High-Tech Start-Up” AUSTIN, TX – March …
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Chanimal – free on-line resource for software marketing Free Internet resource for software marketing is now available …
History of Chanimal
- June, 2007. Updated the Ad Guidelines (including the process to create an ad and get it approved), added a new Alliance presentation (within the reseller partner portal), posted a Chanimal Generic Website Plan-O-Gram showing which the structure and recommended pages for a high-tech website.
- March 31, 2007. The biggest update to the Chanimal website in over 10 years. Most of the content on the pages has been refreshed, broken links replaced, new access to an entire 35 page reseller portal sample site, new sections and new examples, master plans of action, plus much, much more!
- March 29, 2007. Posted new job descriptions, including an article I wrote for SoftLetter about interns–a secret weapon to increase bandwidth.
- December 6, 2006. Created a 320 x 240 version of the video, “How to Finance A High-Tech Start-Up” and posted it for FREE to registered users.
- December 5, 2006. Added the Chanimal Affiliate Kit (complete kit to create an affiliate program), the Chanimal Alliance Kit (kit that has all the worksheets, NDA, plan of action, etc. for establishing strategic alliances), the Chanimal Ad Guidelines (includes examples, formats and processes), plus the Chanimal Sales Compensation Guidelines (explains the concepts behind a good comp plan along with a very detailed compensation sample plan), plus much more. Most of this content requires a user to register before they can access the content (helps me get feedback on the site).
- October, 2006. Included more details about the Chanimal Micro Consulting program.
- February 20, 2006. Major new release of the Chanimal Reseller Kit 2006 (must log-in to obtain). Contains everything needed to create a reseller program–most of the content can be used to create a complete reseller portal.
- January 30, 2006. Actually, there have been numerous changes throughout the site during 2005–just not this page. The rep firm list is updated, along with the Internet section, the ad section, the chat room has more content, have created a sample channel portal site, a completely new VAR kit, a new section on affiliates, changed out the home page promos, plus much, much more.
- September 6, 2004. The most changes in over 8 years. Completely revised the ENTIRE Chanimal web site. Changed the look and feel, changed the navigation, fixed all broken links, swapped active consultants, switched forum software, added over 40 pages of new content including a) product and service reviews, b) more PR content, c) business models, d) market requirements, e) the new advertising section, f) direct mail, g) collateral, h) direct sales, f) alliances & OEM, g) management, h) seminar and event calendar, i) books, magazines and newsletters, j) updated links, k) new consulting services, plus much more.
- March 22, 2004. Added additional promotions, including the finance section, specifically highlighting the new Chanimal Video, “How to Finance a High-Tech Start-Up.” Changed the name of The Videomaker to Videobackstage (too close to the magazine name).
- August 20, 2003. Completed more of the Channel Sales content. Added more links, fixed broken links, formed alliances with other channel groups for additional content and linked to the new Chanimal affiliate, www.TheVideomaker.com.
- August 2, 2003. Finished Channel Marketing section and also added the Channel Sales content. Still need to complete the alliance and direct response sections of Chanimal.
- July 30, 2003. Started adding the Channel Marketing section.This will turn out to be one of the most comprehensive sections within the site.
- June 29, 2003. Added product marketing and the research section (about 15 pages of content), the research setup gantt chart, and the pricing section.
- June 5, 2003. Added product marketing and more marcom content.
- March 22, 2002. Gained permission and populated the Product Marketing section with content links from Pragmatic Marketing.
- March 20, 2002. Added five pages of PR content (within the Marcom section), plus started populating the Channel Marketing section.
- March 19, 2002. Added new job descriptions and changed format, added several job description links to download in MS Word format, updated recruiter lists and contact info, re-evaluated headhunter search engines, added the MS Word marketing plan template (along with instructions), added the Chanimal Packaging Guidelines for registered users (in “The Cave”), added section on employment contracts, added new links for salary surveys, crashed MS explorer every time I downloaded and viewed word documents (their bug), fixed the chat room (it is all English, instead of “French” buttons), posted references to the comp plans in the chat room, plus more.
- March 3, 2002. Added new banner ads, specials, new consultants, cleaned links, added new links. Started a major additon of new content on the site. New ISP.
- December, 2001. Added content. Added new links and fixed existing links. Updated contact addresses.
- August 16, 2001. Added new content. Fixed links. Imported entire site into the newest version of Netobjects.
- March 31, 2000. Revised the entire chat room. It is now divided by sections to make searching easier. In addition, I am using “Coolboard” so that others can post the same Chanimal forum on their site (several new sites added our content this week). All the CGI scripts (registration, etc.) are now working, I added dozens of additional links, fixed multiple broken links, confimed a discount for the Software Product Marketing Handbook for visitors of the Chanimal site, plus more. Contacted over 69 recruiters from my database to post new positions on the board.
- March 10, 2000. The site received a new look plus several new sections were completed (product management, channel management, etc.). Now in the process of debugging all my scripts and finally add more solid content (i.e., completing all the missing sections). If you cannot register then send me an e-mail.
- December 14, 1998. The site got a facelift (mainly the menus were switched to a graphical format) since it had major formating problems when I upgraded to version 3.01 of NetObjects Fusion. In addition, my hard drive crashed and I lost over 20 pages of new content. This posting re-creates most of the information and gets the site on task again. In addition, the site WON a “Hot Site” award. It also won a #1 Free site award.
- Novermber 31, 1998. The entire channel sales manual is now completed and posted. In addition, several consultant E-mails and phone numbers were updated, and job postings were encouraged in the Chat room.
- July 27, 1998. The site faceplate was re-designed to allow room for “what’s new” area. The entire training manual is completed but only part of it is formated and posted–I have about 50 pages of formating to go. The registration and chat room CGI’s should have been fixed. I added a site map, search engine and META tags. I registered the site with about five different search engines.
- September 10 – 1997. The site is finally transfered over to www.chanimal.com. However, the scripts still need to be fixed. Added sample budgets and sales projections sheets. Manually re-formated browser formating errors (only checked with Explorer). Still missing a lot of content. Over 100 printed pages so far. Will update weekly.
- NOTE: The Chat room and CGI scripts to enable password protection and form submission will not be active until this site moves to www.chanimal.com
- Aug 19 – 23, 97 – Working day and all night within the last few days pooring in content. Added over 40 pages including a sample Marketing Plan, an Org chart, about 10 detailed job descriptions, one consultant, purchased Web space, reserved “www.chanimal.com”, fixed logo discoloration, started linking pages, changed layout, added media schedule discussion, started re-formating 60 page store training manual for Web. Can’t post on AOL account anymore–too big.
- Aug 15, 97 – Added several consultants, fixed resource section, corrected some grammar, completed site pages (now have to fill with content) and assigned links. Posted 2nd alpha.
- Aug 5, 97 – Early alpha site released
- July 31, ‘97 – Added What’s new section.