I have a lot of opinions about Websites and the Internet (considering I published Netscape Navigator, Internet Phone, Hotmetal Pro (first graphical HTML authoring), plus the AOL retail product), but rather than trying to continually ad content to this section–I stopped. I am instead referring you to Web Marketing Today, an on-line magazine that has hundreds of pages of excellent and up-to-date Internet content–I use the site regularly. Specific items of interest include:
- The Shopping Cart Report. A review of numerous shopping cart applications. Great info.
- Report on Affiliate Management Software. Contains a review of competing applications with an editor’s choice.
- 12 Ways to Give your Sales Store a Sales Boost. Obvious by title.
- How to Develop a Landing Page that Closes the Sale. I discuss this concept within the tracking section of advertising and how each ad should have a unique URL that goes to a landing page to close the sale.
- Web Premium Weekly Newsletter. I highly recommend you sign up for this newsletter if you manage any aspect of the website. It is packed with fantastic tips that keep you at the top of your game!
Again, I would HIGHLY recommend subscribing to his premium newsletter–I do. The content is terrific and for only $49 you get the newsletter plus SEVEN different books (on e-commerce, shopping carts, affiliate software, plus any new reports that come out (he had two new ones when I subscribed)). The books alone sell for almost $300 and saved me countless hours of hunting and comparing for my own shopping cart and affiliate program–for $49 you get it all!
Chanimal has an “Internet Kit” that has a generic site plan-o-gram (showing the pages that a software company should have), Google’s latest SEO rules, the ombudsman activity instructions and log (to post on other forums), the top guidelines for banner ads, and the detailed instructions for SEO (58 detailed steps). Most of the “kits” are available when you register.